How to care for your Dublin Footwear
Boot Cleaning Advice from Dublin
Whether you use your riding boots everyday or just for show, taking care of them will make them more comfortable and last longer. To protect and care for your leather boots we recommend 5 steps:
- Clean - wipe your boots with a damp cloth after each use to remove dust, dirt or any liquids they may have been exposed to while being worn.
- Dry - once cleaned always leave your boots to dry naturally away from direct heat
- Condition - use a sponge and apply a leather conditioner to soften and moisturize your boots. After a few minutes the leather will have absorbed what it can, and you can wipe any remaining conditioner off.
- Polish – Use a beeswax or boot polish (check the color is right first) and rub into the boots with a soft cloth and leave to dry thoroughly. Once dry, buff shine.
- Weatherproof - use a weatherproofing spray to help protect against future dirt and water stains.
- Always test conditioners, polish and weatherproofers on a small inconspicuous area before you cover the whole boot. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Do not apply conditioners, polish and weatherproofers to suede, nubuck or distressed leather boots as they can alter the look of the leather.